Publications

Contact Us

Firefighters check on possible basement fire

WALSENBURG — Huerfano County Fire Protection District firefighters responded to 118 E. 5th St., before 9 am Monday, January 6 on a report of a possible fire in the basement of the residence. Fire Chief Gerald Jerant said the cause of ignition of some items that were smoldering in the basement had not been positively determined by late Monday morning but he thought it may have been caused by sparks from an electrical short-circuit. There were no injuries and no damage estimate had been released. East 5th Street was blocked for approximately 45 minutes Monday morning as Huerfano County firefighters checked on a possible smoldering fire in the basement of 118 E. 5th St. photo by Eric Mullens