10/11 School Board Meeting Agenda and other items
by Michael Moore
Superintendent, Huerfano RE-1
WALSENBURG — The school board meeting begins at 5:30. We will move into Executive Session at approximately 5:45. The regular meeting will begin after the Executive Session around 6:10 pm. You are welcome to attend in person or join us via our Facebook page. Public comments are heard during the time for citizen comments and are limited to 3 minutes each. The agenda will include the following items:
• Washington School Building proposal from Huerfano County by County Commissioner John Galusha
• Senior class off campus lunch presentation
• Updates on new school progress from our Owner’s Rep, the Artaic Group
• Guidelines AC-E 3,4,5,6 discussion about the support of students/staff who are transgender and/or gender nonconforming
• Resolution regarding Critical Race Theory and other race- based programs declaring that all schools in the Huerfano Re-1 District teach and adhere to Colorado Standards, which currently do not prescribe to the teaching of critical race theory in Colorado Elementary or Secondary Schools
• Reading and Discussion of Resolution of Board Member Compensation
• Information Item (Health Department Protocols) on mask use and quarantine procedures
Eight schoolboard candidates have been videoed by the school district and those candidate’s presentations and responses to questions are available on our district website, district Facebook page as well as our school websites and other Huerfano social media sites.
We wish all candidates the best.