Dear Friends and Valued Supporters,
With Huerfano County’s most recent RFP process for a concessionaire ending in January, we have received many inquiries about the future of skiing and lift based activities at Cuchara Mountain Park. We would like to take this opportunity to share our progress, needs, and continued resolve to restore Lift 4 to public working order.
At this point in time, we feel great about our ability to get Lift 4 spinning with passengers again; however, though in excellent working condition, we face a series of costly inspections before the lift is approved for passengers.
If you are willing, please send a much-needed 2022 donation to the Panadero Ski Corp as we have considerable expenses ahead of us. We are a 501c3 organization, so all donations are tax deductible.
We appreciate all of the generous donations we have received from each and every one of you. Lift 4 would not be up and running without you. Now is the time for all of us to complete the effort to get passengers on the mountain.
All monies received go to materials and service providers. The entirety of the Panadero Ski Corporation is working on a voluntary basis, with many volunteers incurring significant personal expenses to make this park something special for everyone.
Additionally, we will continue to work closely with Huerfano County to find a suitable concessionaire to help provide a sustainable, year-round attraction available to all residents of Huerfano County and visitors alike.
● Completing the last few low voltage and control wiring connections at both the bottom and top of the lift.
● Dendrite Engineering has been contracted by PSC to review all of the repairs that PSC volunteers performed on the lift. They will upgrade and document our operational, maintenance and safety procedures. They are required to observe our conducting of a CPTSB mandated
lift Load Test. This will require two visits by Dendrite at a cost of $16,500.
● Volunteer training must be conducted on lift operations and equipment maintenance.
● More ski trail & sledding boundary fencing & signage is required.
● Finalize and install ski chair sponsorship signage.
● Wildfire mitigation planning, trail maintenance, snow grooming and planning/training for ticketing and parking is required.
● Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board (CPTSB) inspections. Requires two visits before certification at a total cost of over $11,000.
● We must contract with an insurance carrier to operate the lift at an estimated cost of $24,000 per year.
As a reminder to the public, the Panadero Ski Corporation would like to share our Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
Serve as key, contributing organization to ensure Cuchara Mountain Park is a sustainable, year-round attraction available to all residents of Huerfano County and visitors alike, to enjoy and learn about outdoor recreation and build an appreciation for nature.
Bring lift-aided skiing and year-round recreation to Cuchara Mountain Park, ensuring that fun, affordable, and educational opportunities are available for everyone.
● Skiing and snowsports, as part of year-round outdoor recreation, is an important part of a healthy lifestyle that promotes physical fitness, self-confidence, community, and environmental appreciation and should be available to all.
● Opportunities for year-round outdoor recreation makes our community a more attractive place to live and visit, provides chances for families to create lifelong memories, and drives economic growth and good jobs.
● The Cuchara Mountain Park and access to public lands remains a valued community resource available to all.
Please continue to follow our progress on Facebook, Instagram, or via our website.
Thank you again,
Board of Directors, Panadero Ski Corp